Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Practice Plan 8 - 18 - 10

I am at a loss on where to start with this team. I am use to everyday practices which gives me time to hit each aspect of the game. This is Fall Ball so practice is two days a week, with a couple of games each week. The first practice I decided to stick with skills and I believe I will continue to do that. Now if I can just learn names...

Warm - up
6:00 - arm motions were pretty good, but the footwork and hands need work.

Group Rotations - fifteen minutes each
6:15
Group One - Relays - working on receiving the ball and footwork to the bag. I found an old video but it does give an idea of what I am looking for.


Group Two - Short Hops - Working on a good fielding position and keeping the body and head low. This video is awesome!


Group Three - Pitchers - Work off the mound. I have no idea what is coming so I need to see their stuff.

Group Rotation #2
7:00

Group One - Grounders at 3rd - I need an overall feel of who is comfortable with grounders.
Group Two - Hitting - working on a knee, so the idea is to work on hands to the ball.

Group Three - Catcher/Pitcher work

Wrap - up - Work on picks and leads at first.

I will add some player video later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment